Windjana Gorge Tour
Departs from Broome on Monday (May 14 to August 31) - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $265
- Child: AUD $169
- Departs: 7:00 am
- Returns: Broome at appx. 10:00 pm
Rich in geological history and cultural significance, Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek form part of the ancient Devonian reef system. Towering gorge walls rise up to majestic heights that will overwhelm while beautiful cave formations will astonish any visitor to this outback wilderness.
Highlights of this tour
- Fitzroy River - one of the Kimberley region's most significant and iconic waterways
- Prison Boab Tree - a relic of a bygone era and an area of importance
- Take a break and enjoy morning tea
- Windjana Gorge National Park - rich in vegetation and wildlife
- Take a walk into the gorge
- Witness primeval life forms fossilized within gorge walls
- Look out for birds, fruit bats and freshwater crocodiles!
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch in natural surrounds
- Tunnel Creek* - Western Australia's oldest cave system and flows through a water worn tunnel beneath the limestone of the Napier Range
- Hear the story of Aboriginal leader, Jandamarra
- Guided walk through Tunnel Creek
- Enjoy a refreshing afternoon tea
- An evening meal stop will be made on our return to Broome (own expense)