Departs from Hobart Daily except Sun (November 1 through to April 30), Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat (May 1 through to October 31) - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $102
- Child: AUD $51
- Departs: 1:10 pm
- Returns: Hobart at appx. 5:00 pm
Explore Richmond village and meet the Tasmanian Devil when you join this popular tour for a wonderful afternoon of history and wildlife.
Highlights of this tour
- Travel across the Tasman Bridge into the Coal River Valley and onto Richmond - a unique and historic town resplendent with mellow stone cottages, classic Georgian mansions and home to the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia and the oldest operating Catholic Church
- Stroll along the picturesque Coal River and through the village.
- Enjoy browsing the many shops and galleries for unique gifts or souvenirs.
- Perhaps taste some local produce from one of the many cafes and restaurants
- Onto Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in the Brighton Valley where you will have your chance to come closer than ever to something wild and fragile.
- A wildlife sanctuary run by a passionate team of people, it is also a successful breeding site for the unique and often misunderstood Tasmanian Devil (traditional indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is 'purinina').
- Be amazed by what you will learn when taking part in an up-close encounter with 'The Devil' and other Tasmanian and Australian native animals.
- Stroll the grounds of the sancturary and hand feed the animals that roam free.
- You will have great photo opportunities on this fun-filled day.