Swan Valley, Wildlife Park, Winery & Orchard
Departs from Perth Daily - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $185
- Child: AUD $120
- Senior: AUD $180
- Departs: Perth daily at 9:00 am.
- Returns: Perth at appx. 5:00 pm
Freshly cooked light lunch is included.
This tour delivers the cream of the crop, a tasty Perth experience that allows you to discover the very best of the Swan Valley region including wine, local produce and wildlife.
- After your city accommodation picks up, drive past the sights of the Swan River, The Bell Tower, and the Perth City skyline on your way to the Fruit Orchard.
- Drive into the eastern hills to visit a working Fruit Orchard, situated amidst the undulating valley of the hills where high-quality seasonal fruit is grown around the year by the owner farmer and his family, offering you, our clients – the highest quality of fresh fruit, direct from the fruit orchard, freshly picked daily.
- Taste and take home freshly made jams, gourmet preserves, boxed dried nuts & fruits, locally produced honey, fruit ice-creams, Devonshire Teas and other dried fruit & snacks all made here locally from freshest fruit produce.
- Have some freshly cut fruits for tastings and you may purchase fruit products as a gift or for friends back home.
- Slowly wander through the valley and enjoy the beautiful and natural settings of the valley and the working orchard.
- Enjoy wine tasting at a local winery of various types of wines that you may purchase to take back home. Immerse yourself in the vineyard experience and enjoy tastings of local wines.
- Enjoy hundreds of delicious chocolate products and chocolate tastings.
- View the spectacular array of produce, and award-winning wines and a huge range of home-made jams, preserves, olive oils sauces, dressings, spice mixes, and desserts.
- Enjoy liqueurs and food product tasting while in the Swan Valley.
- Travel to the famous Whiteman Park and enjoy a unique Australian wildlife experience from the moment you arrive at Caversham Wildlife Park.
- Take the opportunity to hand feed native kangaroos, take photos with the koalas, pat the wombat, and many other Aussie animals and birds. You will have a chance to see how the farmers and their dogs muster sheep on Australian farms.
- Try your hand at whip cracking, milking the cow, or hand-feeding a sheep lamb.
- A visit to Molly’s Farm will give you a taste of farm life with a live sheep shearing demonstration and other interactive farm activities. Meet many brightly colored parrots, cockatoos, and other Australian birds, poultry, and farm animals.
- Visit the gift shop where you may like to purchase local leather products, hats, magnets, and a variety of souvenirs.
- After an enjoyable tour of Whiteman Park, you will be dropped back to your accommodation or other location within Perth CBD and Northbridge.
At the fruit orchard, you can view some fruits on trees (depending on the time of year). The orchard consists of hundreds of fruit trees, containing various varieties of local oranges, apples, white and yellow flesh nectarines mandarins, pears, oranges, peaches, plums, cherries and apricots, delicious persimmons, avocados, and mandarins.
These fruits are seasonal and you may find the following reference helpful,
- From June to October Citrus – Oranges and Mandarins available
- Mid-December to early March – White and Yellow Nectarine, White and Yellow peach
- Late November to April – Plums are available
- Early April to late June – Persimmons available
- November to January – Cherries & Apricots
- Late September to February – Avocados are available
Please be informed that all the fruits mentioned are strictly subject to availability and climate conditions.
Note: Fruit Picking in the orchard is not permitted as it may damage or spoil the fruits.