Riverboats on the Murray Tour
Departs from Adelaide Daily - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $160
- Child: AUD $80
- Departs: Monday and Friday at 9:15 am.
- Returns: Adelaide at appx. 5:15 pm
Travel through rolling hills and Mallee outback to the mighty River Murray bringing watered life to a thirsty land - a land now rich in green vineyards, golden citrus orchards and prosperous rural communities.
Mannum - the birthplace of the River Murray Paddlesteamers and the River Murray gateway to the harsh empty inland of Australia, still reeking with our historic past - the bawdy days of the riverboat men toiling upriver in the blazing sun.
Highlights of this tour
- As you travel to the region, learn about the history and importance of paddle steamers for Adelaide
- Mannum - the birthplace of the River Murray paddle steamers
- Cruise the Murray River on either the Proud Mary Riverboat or the Captain Proud Paddle Wheeler
- Enjoy coffee or tea onboarding the boat with lunch following
- Cruise past soaring cliffs, ancient river red gums, green willows and lose count of all the birdlife
- Opportunity to see the 100-year-old PS Marion paddle steamer after your cruise
- Visit a scenic lookout that offers a stunning overview of Mannum
- Spectacular drive through Torrens Valley including Palmer and Tunkillo
- Return to Adelaide via Melba’s Chocolate Factory at Woodside