Departs from Hobart Daily except for Saturdays - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $137
- Child: AUD $69
- Departs: 8:15 am (October 1 through to April 30) or 9.15am (May 1 through to September 30)
- Returns: Hobart at appx. 5:00pm/5:30pm (Oct to Apr)
Heading south east from Hobart, enjoy the changing scenery passing Pirates Bay, Eaglehawk Neck and Norfolk Bay. Stop to take in the dramatic sights of stunning natural rock features. On arrival at Port Arthur enjoy an introductory 40 minute guided walking tour to familiarise yourself with this expansive site before exploring at leisure. Enjoy a short harbour cruise passing the Isle of the Dead and get a feel for what it was like to arrive by boat at this desolate location.
Highlights of this tour
- Departing Hobart view Government House, home to the governor of Tasmania
- Travel across the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River, and into the Coal River Valley, an award winning wine producing area surrounding the historic town of Richmond (Oct - Apr).
- Enjoy an orientation drive through this quaint historic town with a short photo stop at the famous convict built Richmond Bridge (Oct to Apr)
- We continue onto the Tasman Peninsula, an area abound with natural bushland, native wildlife and amazing coastal scenery
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Eaglehawk Neck- stunning rocky coastline
- Doo Town
- Our stop in the Tasman National Park at Pristine Pirates Bay, will leave you in awe of the wonderful views, rugged coastline and striking rock formations. A great photo opportunity!
- Arriving at Port Arthur we have approximately 5 hours to soak up the atmosphere of this World Heritage Site
- Visit the Interpretation Centre and follow the harrowing life of a convict.
- Join a guided walking tour to learn about the many restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, separate prison, Commandant's House, church and more
- Enjoy a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the Isle of the Dead, then back to the Historic Site for free time to purchase your own lunch and explore at your own pace.