Penguin Island & Mandurah Canal Cruise
Departs from Perth Daily - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $275
- Child: AUD $225
- Senior: AUD $275
- Departs: Perth daily at 8:30 am.
- Returns: Perth at appx. 5:00 pm
Freshly light lunch is included.
An enchanting boat cruise to visit WA’s largest colony of “little penguins” on their very own island, and spirited dolphins and canal front homes of Mandurah.
- After your Perth city accommodation pickup travel south through suburbia in an air-conditioned coach to travel to Rockingham area. Take a short ferry ride across Shoalwater Bay to Penguin Island to see the star attraction – the little penguins- the smallest species in the world in their habitat & home away from home. Penguin Island has many geographical features, such as cliffs, small sea caves, headlands, beaches, coves, notches and natural bridges. There are also numerous wave-cut platforms. Significant areas of Penguin Island include North Rock, Pelican Bluff, North Beach, McKenzies Well, South Beach, Abalone Point, and Surfers Beach
- Explore the Island and the marine park, which abounds with other wildlife including wild dolphins, sea lions, stingrays, pelicans, king skinks and over 50 species of seabirds.
- Relax, near the crystal clear waters of Shoalwater Bay or enjoy a short walk on the island (time permitting).
- Visit the Penguin Discovery Centre to catch the exciting morning Penguin Feed show where the little fairy penguins are fed fresh fish individually by the islands rangers in their specially built enclosure.
- Keep an eye out for nesting pelicans & other sea birds up close especially September & October when their chicks are hatching.
- Take photos of these little penguins. Roam around for a while before we board the ferry to return to the mainland. Enjoy the freshness of nature, the ocean waves and sound of nature.
- After an interesting time on the island, we cruise back to the mainland and head south to the City of Mandurah.
- On reaching Mandurah enjoy a one hour boat cruise to watch playful dolphins in their natural habitat. Dolphins are wild mammals and are very fun loving and frolicking along the cruise boats. They swim in their pods and are numbered to be over 100 in Mandurah in full breeding season. Watch their antics closely from the boat.
- Cruise past the City of Mandurah and admire the magnificent homes that line the banks of the Estuary.
- Get some souvenir shopping done when you disembark and find your land legs again at the marina.
- Drive back to Perth to conclude your tour at your accommodation or be dropped off to your hotel or other location within Perth CBD and Northbridge.
Note: Penguin Island is not available from 2 June to 14 September due to Winter nesting season. (Please check tour availability.)