Deluxe Tour Of Kuranda, The Village In The Rainforest
Departs from Cairns Daily - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $190
- Child: AUD $94.99
- Departs: 7:30 am
- Returns: Cairns at appx. 5:30 pm
Tropical North Queensland rainforest is to experience nature at its finest! Rail or Gondolas with amphibious Army Ducks all come together to enable you to appreciate the compelling enchantment of the rainforest. The rainforest village of Kuranda, Aboriginal dancing, a Dreamtime experience, and native animals complete a special day.
- Travel to Rainforestation Nature Park by coach via the scenic Kuranda Range
- Visit Rainforestation Nature Park set in a lush tropical environment
- Tour the world heritage rainforest in a 6 wheel drive amphibious World War 2 Army Duck
- Learn of rainforest ecology on land and water, meet many of the unique inhabitants - butterflies, water dragons, pythons and turtles
- Tropical Fruit Orchard
- Witness the Pamagirri Aboriginal dancers perform in the rainforest amphitheatre
- Experience a Dreamtime walk and learn of aboriginal culture, spear throwing demonstrations and try your hand at Boomerang throwing!
- See native wildlife close-up - wombats, koalas, crocodiles and hand feed kangaroos
- Perhaps have your photo taken with a cuddly koala (own expense)
- Lunch at own expense - enjoy our World-Famous BBQ Buffet lunch at a discounted rate
- Transfer to the Kuranda Village for some time to explore - the village in the rainforest
- Browse in the markets, shops and art galleries or visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary (own expense)
- End your day with either the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a spectacular journey with stunning views, passing massive Barron Falls, Stoney Creek and cross steep ravines OR the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway over pristine rainforest just metres above the forest canopy. Short walks at Barron Falls and Red Peak offer stunning views and time to explore the forest floor. Sensational panoramic views of the Coral Sea and mountain ranges.