Bay of Islands Cape Reinga Three Days
Departs Daily - Minimum Numbers are needed to run this tour
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 8 9221 2400.
- Adult: AUD $859
- Child: AUD $574
- Departs: 7:30 am
- Returns: appx. 8:00 pm on Day 3
Visit the first official centre of government in New Zealand. Visit Waitangi where Maori and European came together to sign a treaty of understanding.
Take a trip to the top of the North Island on day two. Visit Cape Reinga travelling there via ninety mile beach. Return via the coastal settlements of Manganui and Kerikeri.
Travel by high speed catamaran the following morning to Piercy Island, location of the famous "Hole in the Rock!" and rich in marine life. On your return stop at Urapukapuka Island, one of the many which make the Bay of Islands.
Highlights of this tour
- Cross the Auckland Harbour Bridge
- Visit Waitangi Treaty House - see the site of the historic treaty between the Maori's and the Europeans
- Tour the town of Russell with its early whaling and political history. This town was the first capital of New Zealand
- Enjoy an overnight stay at the Kingsgate Hotel in Paihia located on the waterfront
- See where an ancient Kauri forest was buried thousands of years ago at Gumdiggers Park
- Travel along Ninety Mile Beach
- Climb the huge sand dunes of Te Paki Stream
- Visit Cape Reinga where the Pacific Ocean crashes into the Tasman Sea, enjoy the sweeping views
- Return to Paihia to stay at the Kingsgate Hotel
- Cruise around 144 islands in your "Hole In The Rock" Cruise
- Head towards Motukakoko (Piercy Island) and through the 210 ft. hole
- Look out for bottle-nose dolphins and other marine life
- Explore Paihia or relax on the beach