15 Days 14 Nights, All New Zealand
Includes daily breakfast and return airport transfers
Day 1 – Arrive in Auckland
- On arrival in Auckland, ‘the city of sails’, seat in coach passengers will be met by our local representative and privately transferred to your hotel.
- Self-drive clients will collect your rental car at the airport and drive to your hotel.
Day 2 – Auckland
- Enjoy a morning sightseeing tour of Auckland city including a visit to Kelly Tarlton’s Sealife Aquarium and Antarctic encounter.
- The remainder of the day is free. (B)
Day 3 – Auckland – Waitomo – Rotorua
- Travel south through the fertile Waikato region to arrive at Waitomo.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Waitomo glowworm caves.
- On completion continue over the Mamaku Ranges to reach the ‘thermal city’ of Rotorua. (B)
Day 4 – Rotorua
- Visit Te Puia thermal reserve to see boiling mud pools and roaring geysers.
- Following this, visit Rainbow Springs to see New Zealand’s trout, birds and wildlife before continuing to the Agrodome for a New Zealand farm show featuring sheep dog demonstrations, cow milking and an introduction to the stars of our sheep industry.
- The afternoon is at leisure.
- This evening enjoy an authentic Maori Hangi (feast) and concert. (B, D)
Day 5 – Rotorua – Wellington
- Travel south to reach the popular Lake resort of Taupo before continuing on the desert road, dominated in the background by the three peaks of Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe and Tongariro.
- Continue south through farmland before arriving in the ‘capital city’ of Wellington. (B)
Day 6 – Wellington
- Enjoy a morning sightseeing tour of Wellington and a short guided tour of Te Papa (the ‘Museum of New Zealand’) before enjoying a free afternoon to explore New Zealand’s capital city. (B)
Day 7 – Wellington – Picton – Kaikoura
- Journey across Cook Strait and into the Marlborough Sounds before arriving in Picton.
- Travel south through the town of Blenheim, before reaching Kaikoura – here you might like to take an optional whale watch cruise or scenic flight (optional activities not included in the tour price). (B)
Day 8 – Kaikoura – Christchurch
- Leave Kaikoura behind as you turn inland and travel through North Canterbury to reach the ‘garden city’ of Christchurch. (B)
Day 9 – Christchurch – Mt Cook – Queenstown
- Travel across the fertile Canterbury Plains to Lake Tekapo and the church of the good shepherd before continuing on to New Zealand’s highest mountain – Mt Cook. Depart Mt Cook and follow the shores of Lake Pukaki south through the historic central Otago region to the ‘alpine resort’ of Queenstown. (B)
Day 10 – Milford Sound
- Follow the southern arm of Lake Wakatipu to Lumsden, and onward to Lake Te Anau.
- Enter the Eglinton Valley and travel through the homer tunnel to reach Milford Sound.
- Enjoy a cruise on this world famous fiord. Return to Queenstown. (B)
Day 11 – Queenstown
- A free day to explore the endless optional attractions available.
- Queenstown offers bungy jumping, jet boating, gondola rides and much more.
- Optional activities not included in the tour price. (B)
Day 12 – Queenstown – Glacier Region
- Depart Queenstown and travel via Lake Wanaka and through the historic Haast Pass, gateway to the world heritage Westland national park.
- Continue up the west coast past spectacular mountain ranges, native forests and Lakes to the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers. (B)
Day 13 – Glacier Region
- A full day at leisure to explore this magnificent Glacier Region.
- Optional activities include a scenic flight or guided walk on one of the glaciers.
- Optional activities not included in the tour price.
- For self-drive clients, entry to the Glacier Hot Pools is included. (B)
Day 14 – Glacier Region – Greymouth – Christchurch
- Travel north to Greymouth and board the world famous Trans Alpine Train (seat in coach passengers only).
- Ascend through lush beech forests past the alpine village of Arthur’s pass before crossing the spectacular Southern Alps.
- Travel over Canterbury Plains to Christchurch. (B)
Day 15 – departure day
- Your arrangements conclude today with a departure transfer or the return of your rental car. (B)