- On June 20, 2017
- In Activities
Ten Things to Do In Perth for Families
A trip overseas with the family can be stressful, so we have made planning family activities easy with this simple list. Ten things to do and discover while visiting our great city of Perth, Western Australia! If you find yourself looking for things to do in Perth with the family, why not try out one of these?
Theme park thrills!
- The Maze, Outback Splash: Head up the freeway to discover this family friendly wildlife park complete with jungle gym obstacle courses, winding mazes, animals and to top it off – a water park! The Maze provides the ultimate family day out, with a large range of activities to keep the kids entertained all day long.
- Adventure World: If your little ones are thrill seekers, Adventure World is the place for you. Feel the rush on the roller coasters, get the pulse racing in the haunted house and try out the range of exciting adventure rides available for all ages.
Let’s go exploring
- Kings Park: One of the most iconic landmarks in Perth, Kings Park offers amazing views of the Swan River and city skyline. It’s the perfect place to spend a leisurely afternoon exploring the bushland of the inner city park, with a variety of playgrounds to keep the kids busy. Barbeques are available too if you want to BYO lunch, or you can alternatively grab something to eat from one of the on-site cafés.
- Perth Zoo: For all creatures, great and small, the Perth Zoo located a short drive from Perth’s inner city is a great way to spend the day. It’s got lions, tigers, hippos and more – from the savannah to the rainforest, the entire animal kingdom is represented. If you’re over the roaring, why not step into the butterfly enclosure to see some beautiful winged insects.
- Rottnest Island: Filled with tiny, furry creatures native only to the small island, Rottnest is a great way to spend the day or weekend! With plenty of accommodation available, you can travel to Rottnest Island by ferry and stay for a day, night or more! It’s a car-free zone, so renting a bicycle when you get there is a must! There are plenty of beaches with options for snorkelling, scuba-diving, surfing or simply sunbaking.
- Penguin Island: Located to Perth’s south, Penguin Island is a great trip idea if you want to see some of the local marine life. Take a cruise around the island to see if you can spot the local wild dolphins, sea lions and the world’s smallest penguins! Don’t forget to pack your bathers – the marine park has crystal blue waters!
- Caversham Wildlife Park: If you want to spend the day amongst some of Australia’s native wildlife, take the family on a short trip outside Perth to Caversham Wildlife Park. There are plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained, with the added opportunity to get up close and personal with some of Australia’s famous animals.
- Pinnacles: A naturally occurring phenomenon just a couple hours north of Perth, a trip out to the Pinnacles is a great full-day tour choice. Go for a wander through the large rock structures, stroll across the sand and even have a swim at one of the local beaches.
Educational and Fun
- AQWA: This city destination is for families who love fish and marine life. AQWA offers a variety of sea-worthy spectacles, including an underwater walkway that allows you to go below the surface while the sea creatures (including sharks!) swim around you. If you want to get even closer, you are able to go diving in the tanks as well.
- Scitech: If you love science and want to entertain the kids with education-friendly activities, this is the place to go! Just outside the Perth CBD, Scitech offers loads of science-based fun and games for the whole family. The team make science fun with experiments, interactive shows and displays. If your family loves the weird and whacky, you’ll definitely need to spend a day here!
For more information on activities around Perth and nearby areas contact Perth Aussie Tours! The friendly team are experienced in travel advice and can recommend tours or activities that will suit the entire family. To book call Perth Aussie Tours on +618 9221 2400 or email your enquiry.